Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What I'll be Buying

It's Wednesday and that means new comic day.I get my stuff tommorrow morning because my work schedule won't get me to the store until either before the shipment comes or after the store closes.Either way, here's some of the stuff I'll be getting:

1)Booster Gold #3:This is the do or die issue for me.I liked #1,but didn't really know what was going on.It was a typical first issue though and I didn't expect to be floored.#2 had that Sinestro mustache-twirling moment which really made me mark out hard.In #3 he's meeting Jonah Hex,who I've heard of,but know nothing about.If this issue leaves me feeling meh,I just won't pick it up anymore.If it's as entertaining as the last one though,I'll keep buying it.I'll wait through 5 issues before I add it to my pull list though.

2)Wonder Woman #13:I've become a big Gail Simone fan in the past month or two.It's her sense of humor really that I love.That's why I'm getting this.I'm not sure how Wonder Woman can be funny, but then again, I'm not too familiar with the character outside of the TV show and Superfriends. I did buy the annual a few weeks ago,which was a good primer.I come into this one totally optimistic.

3)Heroes For Hire #14:This for me has been one of those "not really loving it but collecting it anyway" kind of books for me.This WWH arc has been pretty fun though.Somewhere in the back of my head I remember reading somewhere that this book was getting cancelled,but I might be wrong.My memory is occasionally quite hazy.If that is indeed the case though,I'd like to see Shang Chi pop up in another book,maybe as another instructor in Avengers:The Initiative. Misty and Colleen will be around somewhere I am positive.

4)New Avengers #35:The Hood scored points with me last issue by shooting Wolverine in the crotch(Leading to the best line of the book:"Maybe it'll grow back bigger.")so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do this time.I also want to see what happens with the symbiotes.I'm not really interested in "poor,poor Tigra."She's a B- level character who doesn't really add anything except some T&A.I'm not sure why she seems to popping up in so many books recently.The skrull stuff?It's too early to say.I think Marvel and Bendis are still setting the table for this one.

5)New Warriors #5:This book has been slowly picking up momentum and the last issue ended with a really good cliffhanger.I'm still thinking that Night Thrasher is a Black Panther trained and funded Tom Foster,but some things I've read in forums online has made me question that a bit.

6)Runaways #28:This one took a while,eh?That's OK.Delays don't bother me too much because I buy enough comics to keep me plenty occupied.Not sure what's going to happen but I guess there's going to be some line-up changes.As long as they don't touch Karolina Dean I'm cool.Of course I'm wondering what's going to happen with the Yorkes and how this time traveling isn't going to totally fuck up the timeline.They(The Runaways,not the Yorkes) aren't exactly being careful about not interfering with the past.

7)Wolverine #58:This is funny.I had to look back at #57 to see what happenned.Between the one-shots and the annual I totally forgot what storyline was going on.I loved the Civil War arc.The Jeph Loeb arc not so much,but to be fair,I haven't had the chance to sit down and read the whole thing in one sitting.I usually do that when I collect a whole story or miniseries.I always pick up a ton of stuff I missed due to my aforementioned sketchy memory.

8)World War Hulk:Frontline #5:The main story, "Embedded",has been OK.It picked up a bit the last issue.I'm more interested in "Costume Division", which has played out like a warped buddy-cop story.The cartoony stuff in the back is always fun too.I love the goofy,comic-strip style stuff that Marvel throws into their books.If they collected a whole bunch of them and released them,I'd buy it.

I'll probably walk away with 13 books or so.I'll read some during my lunch break tommorrow and the rest when I get home.I do spend a lot of money on them,but that's really my only luxury.I need to have some fun.I'm not a "pinch every penny" type of guy.

On a side note,two days ago I linked to WFA again.The first time I linked them I didn't know they would link me in return and was terrified of the trolls coming to invade my blog,but I only got about 12 hits from being linked there.It was really quite inconsequential.This time I did it knowing I would be linked because I wanted to just add to the volume of blogs about this Robinov douchebag from Warner Brothers in case someone was collecting them.I went to bed at 1AM last night and had 0 hits for the day.I wake up and check in at 9AM to find that about 80 people had visited here over the night.And WFA linked TWO of my posts!Damn.Well, I said I was going to start courting readers more.80 people is about 1/4 the total number of people who have stumbled over here since I started.And in one day too,8 hours even.Some people even stayed to read things,though no one left any comments.It still amazes me that ANYONE would find this,never mind read it.I don't really see myself as having much worthwhile to say.Whatever...(In the hour it took me to write this post,86 more people came here.Either WFA is really hopping today or my statcounter is broken.)

No comments: