Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Maxim Magazine Talks Comics

A number of years ago I had a subscription to Maxim Magazine.I got it in part for the cheescake(Just being honest) and also because they seemed to have a sense of humor.After about 6 months I was sick of it.I was tired of reading the monthly articles telling me that I needed a pair of $100 dress shoes to even get a woman to talk to me and just tired in general of the condescending tone the magazine took to anyone who wasn't a soulless yuppie.I cancelled my subscription as soon as it ran out and it hasn't spent more than one second on my mind since.

When wasting time at the IGN comic message boards the other day, I came across this link which takes you to their list of the 15 lamest superheroes.The list was put together with all the care of someone whose entire exposure to comics has been seeing the first Spider-Man movie once a few years ago.That seems to be the same effort they put into everything they write.#15 and #14 by themselves should be enough for any self-respecting fan to be disgusted.

I'm currently trying to encourage more visitors for my entertainment(It's much more fun to look at a lot of people on my stat page instead of 6 or 7.Still being honest.) and I'd like to see what other people think of this.I hate to use them for the link again,but since I don't know any other way to get this out there(still a blogging newbie)here's my gratuitous link to WFA.(I don't know if the moderators actually read what they link,but if they're reading this I wouldn't be linking to you again if you weren't damn effective in getting me hits here.My compliments...)I know at least one of the characters on this list has a pretty sizeable following over there.

2 comments:

Wendy Withers said...

WFA is very exciting. It may very well give me fodder for many blog posts to come.

GeneralBobby said...

It's an interesting community of people that gather there.I have spent many an hour there just going through the archives.I like that they let all opinions be aired over there.