Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Scaring The Crap Out Of Myself

So today I was hanging out with my friend Darrell.First we went to the creepy abandoned houses in the woods behind my house.I'll post some photos tommorrow.It turns out there is a whole abandoned development there.Some creepy shit,but that will wait until tommorrow.


Next we went hiking at the Delaware Water Gap.I took pictures,some from the top of the mountain and some of the waterfalls.Here's two(one of each):



This is one of the many waterfalls.This one is actually pretty small,but it fit in the frame and didn't come out blurry.




This is the Delaware River from about halfway up the mountain we were hiking.I have pictures from up top but this is the only one I have where you can see Route80


Anyway,on the way back we stopped at some place called "Ice Cave".It's just a cave(hence the name), but the big draw I guess is that it constantly has a super-cooled breeze coming from it.Well there I was snapping some pictures inside where it was pitch black.I slipped and grabbed a rock to catch my balance.I felt something under my hand SLITHER AWAY.I screamed like a grade school girl and ran out, not knowing what sort of mystery wildlife I just found.It might have been a wet stick,BUT IT MOVED.Anyway I get home and download my pictures and find this(taken maybe 30 seconds before my slip):





Take your eyes to the left side of this pic to see what I touched.I have no idea what kind of snake that is.If someone reading this knows,please tell me.It sure as hell doesn't look like a garden snake to me.I'm having trouble finding info online(though to be honest,I didn't put much effort into my search.)Looking at the picture and judging from the size of the cave,I'd guess it is between 3 and 4 feet long.We shined a flashlight into the cave after the incident and saw nothing,so this picture is all I have to go by.

First person to comment with the correct name for this snake wins a prize.(Author's disclaimer:Your prize will be the satisfaction of knowing you helped me out.Don't be so friggin greedy.)

After note:I noticed that these pics don't enlarge when I click on them.And I re-loaded them a few times.If you have this problem and are bored enough to actually look,I also posted the pic on my Myspace page.


No comments: