Monday, January 7, 2008

And Now This Crap Too...

So, let's see...my morning kind of sucked.(See previous post)As upset as that post may have made me seem, it is nothing I won't get over.Now that funky mood I was in has thrown me into one of my "I'm here but my mind is way the fuck over there",fidgety, no attention span-having kind of moods.

I can't sit still.I can't focus on one coherent thought for more than a few seconds at a time.I've used this comparison before, but it's like turning your TV's volume to full and flipping channels for a few hours straight.Picture that with the TV's audio being in your head and the screen inches from your unblinking eyes so you can see nothing else.Add to that a layer of financial worry and another layer of guilt over allowing my cat to get mites and fleas as well as her being very sick.And I still have 3 more hours of work to go.When I get like this, I need a "project" to steady myself.The type of project I need does not exist at work.All I can do here is pace, bounce around at my desk, and hope for things to pick up soon.

I need a project that puts my hands and mind to work.My Nextwave#5 coloring project would be awesome right about now.Artistic endeavors always work best at these times.Hence, I will blog.Lucky you...

I do have the mp3 player I got for Xmas.I've been bringing that to work every day.At least I can focus on some good tunes.Music always makes me feel better.Unless it's something Chris Cornell wrote.Don't get me wrong,I love Chris Cornell.He is one of my top 5 favorite singers, but godfuckingdamnit some of his songs depress me.

Let's see what's playing.Slayer?Nah.Mercyful Fate?Not in the mood.GNR?No.Celtic Frost?Jeez...Gotta keep flipping....Aaaahha!Ministry's "Warp City".Perfect.Good stuff.

Gotta work now.

No comments: