Saturday, November 10, 2007

Random Shit

As is becoming typical of me, I can't think of any topic long enough to make a full post about.So, in cases like this, I usually just hit briefly on some random trivia about myself.So, without further ado, here it comes.

1)I'm currently about 1/4 done with my Nextwave:Agents of H.A.T.E. #5 coloring project.I have many full panels done, but still no full pages.For some reason I just want to say how much sucky it looks so far.The problem is that I don't think it's going all that poorly.It's different, but still not too bad.

2)It turns out that my second wrestling match this month is a straight up match with no unusual stipulations.I'll take it.I haven't put it together yet but I plan on making it bigger than the TV match and a bit more brutal.There is also a chance I could be in a battle royal that night as well.That would be cool.I always have found battle royals to be easy matches because, unless you are in the final four guys, there's really nothing to memorize or plan.You just get beat up a bit and leave when you are ready.No muss, no fuss.

3)Somehow in the course of my getting into DC comics I became a Superman fan.I don't know how it happened.I'm only missing issue #2 of All-Star Superman.I bought Action Comics for the Bizarro arc and found that I'm still buying it.I also have a few Superman trades as well.I like Superman better when they focus more on his human tendencies and his desire to try to help everyone over the stories where he just steamrolls over people because he's friggin' invulnerable.I know the kryptonite deal, but I always thought it was kinda lame.He's better to me when his weakness is his compassion.It makes him easier to relate to.

4)The one DC character I like better than Superman is Black Canary, thanks to Gail Simone's rendition of her in Birds Of Prey. (I now have six TPB covering issues 56-103.)I also got her last miniseries on the last trip to my LCS.The two stories that did it for me were the Shiva Training story where she found Sin and the fight against the Silk Brothers in Singapore.Those fights are fucking brutal and made of 100% Grade-A awesome, especially the Silk Brothers fight.I don't understand how it is logically possible to not be a fan after reading that."IMPREGNABLE MOUNTAIN PEOPLE!"

5)Speaking of martial arts, I would like to recommend the movie "Shaolin Challenges Ninja".It is the tale of a Chinese man who marries a Japanese woman.Both are martial artists who think that the style of their own country is superior.They spar for supremacy and the husband(Toa), played by "Kill Bill"'s Gordon Liu, comes out the victor. The wife goes back to Japan to her Ninja buddies, who decide to go to China en masse to challenge Toa one at a time.What follows are some of the best fight scenes you could ever hope to see featuring some diverse styles.Drunken boxing, crab style, the three section staff, judo, ninjitsu, and many others make an appearance here.The story ends a bit abruptly, but none of the characters are made to look bad in it.Everyone gets a chance to shine.This is my favorite Shaw Brothers film and I can't speak highly enough of it.

6)Our kitten is driving us nuts with the very rough way that she plays with the other two cats.She is very physical and has already proven herself to be the better of the older male cat.She takes him down the same way a lioness takes down a gazelle and he doesn't like it at all.The older female( who weighs about 20 pounds) puts up a bit more of a fight, but seems to be a little nervous.The other day she took a dive off of a table onto the kitten in what I can only describe as a body splash.It was fucking hilarious.If this were a cartoon, the kitten would have been smooshed to the thickness of a piece of paper.I guess the entertainment value that comes from how creative their battles become makes up for the headaches.Fucking cats...

2 comments:

Wendy Withers said...

Things are different here. Baby kitty gets the smackdown after going up to older kitty and saying "please, please cuddle with me. I know you want to hurt me, but I just want to cuddle." She's gotten as far as sniffing his butt before beating the crap out of him, so I guess things are a little better.

GeneralBobby said...

It's weird how you never know how they'll react to each other.The two older cats got along perfectly right from the start.
I'm trying to get a picture of the kitten pouncing on him.She looks like a striped backpack.