Monday, August 27, 2007

Why I'm here

I detailed this a little bit in my bio, but I have a brain that just won't stop feeding me information.It's mostly garbage, just the usual random snippets of info that I imagine go through any person's mind over the course of a day.With me they come through fast and hard and it makes it tough for me to concentrate.It's a bit like flipping channels on a TV with the volume turned all the way up, all day long.Even now, typing this, I find myself stopping to stare around at the room looking for something new to do.





One of the ways I've found to slow this down and allow myself time to rest is to take up "projects".Creative endeavors,such as building models or painting are the biggest help.With them I actually have to concentrate on what goes where or what color should go where.It makes me wish I could draw better.I'd probably crank out some amazing stuff.





Reading can help too.I read mostly comic books.I'll read 10 or 12 of them in one sitting.I try to read whole arcs if I have one collected.I mostly read Marvel, though the odd DC or indy comic will find its way into my collection.I also buy Vertigo books in trade format.One day during my vacation this month I plan on reading all 9 volumes of Y:The Last Man back to back to back...etc.





If I don't occupy myself I get very antsy and start bouncing around.I lose interest in things fast.I can't even use the phone because 2 minutes into any conversation I'll be looking for a way out because I feel there's something else I could be doing at that time.I'll wander the house just for the sake of moving around.I also eat...a lot.I'll polish off a pint of Ben & Jerry's in 5 minutes then look for something else.It's a good thing my metabolism keeps me skinny.By all rights I should weigh 300+ lbs instead of 160.That's one reason why I hike.I love exploring and the exercise but God forbid my metabolism goes away and I end up as one of those skinny guys with a huge belly,kinda like a pear balancing on two toothpicks.





I'm hoping that writing a blog can be a good way to occupy myself in a brain-healthy way.By writing and maybe pushing out some of the crap clogging my head maybe I can start to get a break.Of course this might not work and I might just forget about this for a few months.I will take almost any outlet I can find.The only thing I absolutely won't do is take any pharmaceuticals.I'd rather live with my scattered brain then poison myself with that crap.Those drugs probably cause people to have flipper babies.I don't want a flipper baby,just a sharp,focused mind.

No comments: