Thursday, October 18, 2007

Due To A Lack Of New Ideas I Now Present The Same Crap I Always Talk About

It's been a pretty bad week for me blog-wise.Besides drawing a daily blank as far as what to write about,I've also been working extra hours and trying to catch up on my far-too-neglected piano practice.I went hiking at the Delaware Water Gap again.I'd post pictures,but blogger has been giving me trouble with that in the past few days.I'll try again another day.Surely I can fill up some space with my regular minutae.

1)I got a $50 tip for helping someone with our shop's forklift.I hit Border's this morning to spend it on some TPBs.I got the Birds Of Prey TPB "Sensei & Student."Damn if they don't get a lot of issues in those trades.They even take me over an hour to read,and I read pretty fast.I've still got the last issue in it to go.I also got Superman For All Seasons. I'm not much of a Superman fan,but in flipping through it I liked the scenes with Clark in Smallville.After reading through it during my lunch break,I'd have to say it was a rather charming story.It took the whole "Superman is awesome at everything" part of the character that makes him a bit annoying to me and set it aside to show a more emotional side of Superman, as well as a peek inside what the other people in his life think of him.For an impulse buy,I was very satisfied.

2)Tommorrow is comic day for me.I'll probably get about 6 Marvel books, doubtfully any DC books and Vol 7 of The Walking Dead. I'll be nearly caught up but I'm going to continue to get this just in trades.It will make it easier for the day I inevitably read every volume back to back.I can't say that I'm sick of zombies yet.I'll even be getting Marvel Zombies 2 tommorrow.

3)My cats are driving me nuts.Our kitten is now 6 months old and is trying to assert herself with the other cats.She torments the older one with a move I can only describe as a side-headlock takedown.Every time I hear moaning I know exactly what's going on.Her and the older female fight constantly.I hope they resolve this thing amongst them soon.It's like my girlfriend and I can't relax for more than ten minutes without breaking up a fight or an impromptu wrestling match.Right now the oldest female is the dominant one of the three,but that might change soon.(Ohmigod.I just blogged about a cat story.I'm going nuts.)

4)It's 1:30 AM and I'm still not tired yet.I have always had problems sleeping.I've tried every trick and tip that has ever been published,but if I can't shut the old brain down then sleep is impossible and recently it has been running nonstop.If I can get about 5 hours of sleep or at least 5 hours of in bed relaxation I'll be fine tommorrow.Anything less and I drag all day.I won't drink coffee because it's tastes disgusting and smells bad enough to put a lump in my throat if I breathe in its vile stench too deeply.If I could ever get past or even used to the inhumanly horrible taste and smell there's still the fact that caffeine has almost no effect on me.I doubt it so much as raises my heartbeat. Coffee...nothing.Jolt Cola...nothing.Red Bull....nothing.Those pep pills they sell at convenience stores...nothing.Ginseng...nothing.Stacker2....nothing,even after taking a handful.X-tra large pixie sticks...nothing.Mountain Dew...nothing.Energy bars...nothing.You get the point.I gave up on finding something years ago.

5)That's it.I really have to go to bed.

3 comments:

Wendy Withers said...

I write lots of blogs about my cats. Of course, I'm in training to become a spinster...

My baby is also about six months old. He definitely isn't dominant, but my other cat still hates him. I've only had him for about a month, though. She chases him around the house and hits him.

And, I have the same problem with caffeine. I was trying to drink cokes during my breaks at Howl O Scream to stay awake, and it only made me sick. I actually live a caffeine/soda free life (except for unsweetened iced tea) because I dislike sweet drinks. We should start a club.

GeneralBobby said...

I'll drink one soda a day during my lunch break,but I do it just as much to get change as I do for the soda.Every other time I drink water.It's refreshing and it's tasty.

Wendy Withers said...

I actually have the opposite happen. I get thirstier when I drink soda. I'm really lame. My favorite drink is water with lemon, no sugar.