Friday, December 7, 2007

The Blue Moon Is Out

As I've stated in the past month or so, I've gotten the opportunity to actually wrestle a few times over the past month.Normally, I am just a manager.That has gotten to the point where it bores me to tears to do.The wrestling, on the other hand, is fun and exciting.I had a show on the 30th of November.People I know even showed up.It was the first time I had sold a ticket in over two years.One of the guys took some pictures with his cell phone and emailed them to me.

I've been quite hesitant to post any pictures of myself.It's not because I think I'm so disfigured that it would make you vomit, but rather because I think no one has a need to know what I look like.Who fucking cares, right?But then again, who really cares about my comics or my cats or my old CDs?This is my blog, dammit.You know what?I'm posting the pictures I got.

They're a little blurry.They were taken with a cell phone.These first two are from the match itself.They aren't exactly action shots, but the match was kinda crappy.There wasn't much action to be had.

I wasn't completely happy with the match.I had a decent one set up, but the guy I was wrestling was having a bad day of the highest degree and wasn't really into it.After the first minute went good, he forgot a spot and everything after that went out the window.We had to improvise the whole thing from that point on.He wasn't hitting me very hard or staying on me like he should have been.Shit happens.The world didn't end.Our lives have gone on just fine.We have another shot in December to make up for it.It will be in a tag team match.

The other two are of me signing autographs for some of the kids at ringside.It's fun to sign an autograph, but it's not THAT big of a deal.They'll pretty much ask anybody on the ring side of the guardrail.I sign with a smiley face that I draw hair and a beard on.It's a logo I created for myself.Some fo the kids complained that I didn't sign my name.But I'm sure if they remember anyone, they'll remember the guy who signs with a smiley face.

I signed probably about 20 that night, which is a record for me.Some kid wanted autographs so bad he took off his shoes and was having people sign them.That was a first for me.A few kids were getting their T-shirts signed.I'll sign everything shoved in front of me.They don't know I'm a jabroni, just some guy with a day job who does this on the side.It doesn't matter to them though.I love entertaining the kids.They're so unashamed to be into it.They yell, scream, cheer, and boo louder than anyone.They aren't sitting around, waiting for you to fuck up so they can call you on it.They just want to have fun.Every audience should be so loose and free.

No comments: