Thursday, November 29, 2007

First Match Is Over

This past Saturday, I had the first of my two wrestling matches of this month.Things went about as smoothly as I could hope for.We had a stiff, energetic match.The crowd was a little dead in the beginning, but by the end everyone sounded like they were really into it.The ref was out of position for us once, but we covered it up and got to the spot a few seconds later.Overall, I'd give the match a 6.5 or 7 out of 10.

Tommorrow I have match #2.We've put together about 70% of it, though I'm not sure if I'll keep all of what we have so far.We'll have ten minutes instead of eight, which will give us a bit of breathing room as far as pacing goes.I plan on having this match involve a bit more wrestling than the first one, which was a straight-up brawl.I also might be in a battle royal that night. I'm looking forward to this.I've even sold five tickets so far, which is more than I've sold in the past 2 years combined.It's odd having people come to see and support me.It even makes me a little self-conscious.When the matches are done, hopefully I can go back to not selling tickets.

No comments: