Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Taking A Break

I think I'm going to take a break from this whole blogging thing for a little while.My brain is in a million places at once.I can't think of anything to write about.I've always used comics as my default topic, but I'm just growing tired of writing about them.I'd much rather just read them.Even reading WFA is getting tiring to me because I'm tired of hearing people bitch and insult each other.It makes me cranky and my posts have been too negative recently which is exactly what I NEVER WANTED.This was supposed to be my happy, brain pressure release valve.Instead it has become a window into my continuing disappointment with the human race.If I'm inspired I will write, otherwise I'm not going to kill myself trying to come up with a topic every day.And quite frankly, I don't think anyone would care if I never came back.Life goes on.

6 comments:

Wendy Withers said...

I hope you still read my blog. You're my only loyal reader. I was going to post some pics of my "Fairy Fight Club" costume today, but my photoman ended up holding his girlfriend's hair while she puked instead of taking pictures. So, I guess I'll find something just as amazing to write about.

GeneralBobby said...

Of course I will. I could say the same about you being my only loyal reader.You are one of three people in the "blogosphere" who doesn't make me want to bang my head into a wall.

Wendy Withers said...

A few years ago, I thought furries were probably cute, because they dressed up like animals. And, I was friends with a couple of furries. Now, every furry in the blogosphere pretty much ends up sending me messages, and I read a few of their blogs. The comic book and wrestling fans have nothing on the stupidity and general drama of the furries. And, your costume was better than my friend Brian's a few years ago. He took off everything except the jeans he was wearing, and whenever anyone asked him what his costume was, he shook their hand and said "I just came in my pants."

GeneralBobby said...

There's really only one segment of wrestling fans that's unbearably obnoxious, and it really is a merry coincidence that they've found their home on the internet.The group I work for caters more towards families and children, who are 1000000 times more fun to entertain.
As for comic fans, I just don't like the negative attitude.They spend so much time critically reading their comics to look for flaws to pick apart that I don't think they're capable of enjoying them at face value anymore.If they are, that aspect of their fandom is quite well hidden.Reading all of this negavtivity is quietly influencing how I'm writing, making that more negative.It's a trend I hate and having a blog isn't important enough to me to ruin one of my favorite pasttimes.
If I want to write,I'll write.I could write something tommorrow if I feel so inspired.For now, I just want a break.

Nidhi Singal said...

By chance read your blog and this post. I know what you are going through and at times you feel so negative that you don't even feel like writing. But i hope you will write something soon.
Write something really amazing...
Wish you luck.
Cheers

GeneralBobby said...

Thanks.Who knows?Every day is different.I just prefer to play nice and I saw too much negativity coming from my keyboard.And taking a moment to relax is never a bad thing.I'm sure I'll post something soon, but I do not guarantee any amazingness.